Everything has changed this year, including the REALTORS Care® Blanket Drive. Instead of collecting clothing and blankets to support non-profit and charity groups, the fundraiser has gone digital and will be accepting financial donations of support. The Kim Phillips Real Estate Team has donated $100 towards the cause. Below are some more details and how you can get involved! If you have the means to make a charitable donation this year, the REALTORS Care® Blanket Drive offers a safe, at-home option to give back to your community this holiday season.
Who are we helping?
The charities we will support offer warmth and comfort to women, men, single-parents, and children in our Fraser Valley communities who are:
- coping with mental illness;
- recovering from domestic or substance abuse;
- struggling to pay for expenses such as rent and food;
- visiting food banks to help feed family members; or
- living in low income housing, shelters, or on the street.
Click here for a list of all 26 groups we’re supporting.
Donate today – here’s how
We have set up a fundraising website to collect donations and will distribute the funds to the groups once CREA’s REALTORS Care® Week (Nov. 23 to 27) wraps up. The best part? You don’t need to wait until next week to donate. You can start today!
- Go to the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board’s Giving Group page: https://my.charitableimpact.
- Click on the blue Give button in the top right corner of the page.
- Fill out the form that appears to indicate how much you would like to give and provide your contact information, including an email for your tax receipt.
- In the box that says, “For Group (optional),” you do not need to type anything.
- Be sure to complete all the steps so you get a “thank you” and you are done!
Donations of $5 or more will receive a tax receipt from Charitable Impact, a registered Canadian charity. All funds (less credit card processing fees) will be distributed to our Blanket Drive charities at the end of the campaign.
Thank you for your support!
The annual Blanket Drive campaign touches countless individuals in need throughout the Fraser Valley and the Lower Mainland and has become a mainstay of support for many groups. In the words of Keri Vermeulen, Communications Manager with NightShift Street Ministries: “We have been honoured and humbled by the support of the REALTORS Care® Blanket Drive in past years. I want to extend a very special thank you from our team. The generous support you have provided has helped so many people in need on our streets, experiencing homelessness, poverty, addiction and mental illness.”
To support groups like NightShift Street Ministries and 25 other local charities, visit our 2020 REALTORS Care® Blanket Drive fundraising page today: https://my.charitableimpact.
I am a Builder of the 2020 REALTORS Care® Blanket Drive.