Ready to list your home? Here are a few tips on how to prepare your home for your listing appointment. Keep in mind that these are merely suggestions and our team always provides pre-list recommendations during our listing appointments.
A Week or Two Before Your Appointment:
- Start gathering up all the manuals, warranties, contracts and any other material related
to the appliances and/or security systems within your home.
- If you live in a Strata property, make sure you are up-to-date with your payments and
see if you are able to access your strata documents online.
- Start the decluttering early. The easiest way to do this is to walk around your home and
collect up items you’ve been meaning to thrift, re-home, recycle and throw away.
- If possible, take some time to de-personalize your space and remove any family photos
or personal documents on display.
- Is there a repair you’ve been meaning to do but haven’t had the time? Now is a good
time to tackle those small projects around the house you’ve been putting off.
A Few Days Before Your Listing Appointment:
- If you’re planning on listing right away after your appointment, you may want to consider
hiring a cleaner to tackle the deep cleaning of your home prior to the listing media day
and the first showings.
- Please feel free to make a list of any questions you have for our team.
- Have a look at your calendar for availability for showings.
- Put aside some of the following items:
○ Extra set of keys for lockbox (if applicable)
○ Copy of driver’s license for identity verification
○ Land survey (if available)
○ Most recent property tax bill (if available)
○ Receipts for any recent improvements (If any)
○ Copies of rental contracts (If applicable)
○ Copies of renovation permits (if applicable)
○ Contact information for your mortgage broker
The Day of Your Listing Appointment:
- Our team will be in touch with you once again to confirm the appointment.
- We will bring you resource guides for your reference, a comparative market analysis of
your home and more.
- Don’t stress about the home looking “perfect”, just tidy and clean is great. We provide a
complimentary staging consultation and offer additional suggestions of what should be
done before your media day.
If you’re just starting to think about listing your home, you can also book a complimentary no-obligation seller consultation via zoom, phone or in-person. This informal meeting is a great way to explore your options and see if listing your home is the right choice for you and your family. You can book an appointment online with our team HERE.
Get the Right Advice
Whether you’re ready to list tomorrow or just considering the idea of moving, our team of experienced South Surrey, Cloverdale and Langley realtors are available to offer unbiased and professional advice. Our real estate team has helped over 1,360 families in the Fraser Valley achieve their real estate goals. Your home is likely your most valuable asset and we believe that you deserve a premium real estate experience. For more information about our services and unique offerings, email us at [email protected] or by phone at (604) 537- 4281.